The Cambodian Children’s Advocacy Foundation Organization (CCAFO) is a Cambodian Non-Governmental Organization. It was established in early 2006 with the Ministry of Interior, NGO # 419, dated March 28, 2006. CCAFO is currently operating the village based preschool and English Language for rural children. CCAFO has been partnership with iHerb charitable Foundation (icF) for facilitating grant from icF to local organizations and individuals vulnerable person in Cambodia. To learn about CCAFO, please visit website at www.ccafokhmer.org.
With the fund from iHerb charitable Foundation (icF), CCAFO is looking for a local qualified candidate to fill in the position as Senior Accountant.
Part I: Job Description
Job Title : Senior Accountant
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location : Phnom Penh and Travel to project sites.
Supervises : N/A
Coordination: with all project teams of CCAFO, sub-grantees and funding partners
Date created: December 19, 2018
Statement: Based in Phnom Penh and with travel to project sites, under the direct supervision of CEO, the job holder responsible for all finance works of CCAFO. Specific duties are follow:
1. Maintain and complete a documented system of financial policy and procedure;
2. Join the development on budget plan, accounting, and financial reporting;
3. Oversee bookkeeping records to ensure they are accurate, transparent and meet all reporting schedules;
4. Works with the auditing firm in preparation of all financial documents for audits and donor requirement; and
5. Carries out other tasks that related to finance.
1. Carries out daily booking practice;
2. Maintain the chart of account;
3. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed;
4. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
5. Ensure that funding distribution to all sub-grantees and other beneficiaries are implemented in a timely manner; and
1. Together with icF Grant Coordinator and Administrative Officer of CCAFO, join the assessment for the needs of individual beneficiaries and local organizations.
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements report for donors and government;
2. Provide a system of management cost reports, when needed; and
3. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for funding, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• As required
• Respect CCAFO local staff- and other policies.
The Management Committee reserves the right to change or update the Job Description from time to time in agreement with the Post Holder.
Part II: Knowledge and Skill Required
1. Candidate must have at least a Bachelor's degree in accounting, or equivalent business experience and minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience for NGOs or company. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations;
2. Have knowledge in humanitarian grant;
3. English language, speaking, writing and listening is strongly needed;
4. Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative with less supervision;
5. Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet and Internet research;
6. A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control;
7. Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary;
8. A pleasant personality with a sense of humor and the ability to establish a rapport with a wide cross section of society.
Part III: Salary-Benefit and working condition
The salary is up to 500$ based on qualification. CCAFO is working within the Cambodian’s law. On the job training and or professional training can be provided based on the needs.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to project sites and sub-grantees, as well as to potential acquires to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Part IV. Application Procedure
Interest candidates are invited to send their CVs with cover letter to: CCAFO CEO Hing Channarith at email@example.com.
Closing date: January 1, 2019 at 5:00PM
Shortlist will be announced January 9, 2019
The Selecting Committee reserves the right to change the date at any time through job announcement made by advertising company. It is our advice to ask applicants to provide phone number so we can contact if needed.